The hottest discussion for photographers is the type of lens the use to capture wedding and other events. Ever wished that wedding photography experts helped you to fix your dilemma by revealing their favourites? Today we are bringing you a special list of 5 amazing wedding photographers and their favourite lenses to capture their best images with.
- Kenny Kim, Kenny Kim Photography: Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens. This lens is a very affordable one by Cannon. Perfect for capturing studio-like quality detailed photos for your clients, the body is light on the hands and can be used for shooting beautifully detailed portraits. This lens should be on every wedding photographer’s must have list.
- Sean LeBlanc, Sean LeBlanc Photography: Nikon 200mm F2. This lens offers great compression, razor sharp images even at F2, lightening fast autofocus, smooth bokeh and three-dimensional look to pictures.
- Christina Blanarovich, Christina Zen Studio: The 80mm Zeiss lens. The best part is the intimacy that you can achieve with it and the bokeh; the way the lens creates such depth is to die for.
- Chris Lin, Lin & Jirsa Photography: Canon 70-200mm f2/8 II. This lens allows one to stay unobtrusive throughout the day for great candid moments. It’s also a very reliable lens when it comes to sharpness and focus performance.
- Scott & Melissa Hopkins, Hopkins Studios: Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L IS II. The focal range has always been her favourite because it allows them to extricate themselves from the scene so that they don’t interfere and get the most natural reactions.
Now that you know some of the swankiest lenses used by the best wedding photographers, you only need to assess which one fits you and your style of photography! Good luck!